BlackeautyLifetime AchievementBiography – Moji Taiwo
Moji Taiwo was born in Lagos, Nigeria, West Africa. As a young lady, she immigrated to Canada in 1978. She is a mother of three adult, professional children and a proud glamma to three beautiful grandsons. Moji is passionate and committed to the development and success of young people and happiness of their parents. Moji also have extensive experience in facilitation and public speaking. Currently she is the host of the Immigration Experience Show #Tieshow on Diversity Magazine Youtube channel.
Key Achievements :
– Nominee of 2022 Calgary Black Chambers Lifetime Achievement Award
– Nominee of 2022 Unmask Your Beauty Community Black Impact Awards
– Recipient Leadership Award – Women of Vision – 2013-2021
– Recipient Service Award – The Yoruba Foundation Calgary 2016-2020
– Recipient 2018 Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary Volunteer Award
– In 2015, recipient of “Corrections Exemplary Service Bar Award”
– In 2009, recipient of the “Solicitor General and Public Security Leadership Award”
– In 2008, recipient of the “Corrections Exemplary Service Medal Award”
1979 – 1981, Diploma – Radio Arts (Broadcasting) – Lethbridge Community College
1981 – 1983 BA Sociology – The University of Lethbridge (course work on Juvenile Delinquency and Rehabilitation).
Additional Training Received:
Managing & Resolving Conflict • Delivering Service Excellence • Performance Management / Legislative Process • Critical Thinking & Project Management • Understanding Competencies in Learning & Development • Incident Investigations • Victims of Crime Protocol • Managing Performance through Coaching • Family Violence Recognition • Curriculum Development • Online Marketing Strategy
- 2015 – Current – Author, Speaker, TV Show Host
- 1984 – 2015 – Government of Alberta – Justice and Solicitor General
- 2003 – 2015: Deputy Director (Retired) – Young Offender Branch, Calgary Young Offender Centre
- 1997 – 2003: Unit Supervisor – Calgary Young Offender Centre
- 1994 – 1996: Youth Worker – Calgary Young Offender Centre
- 1990 – 1994: Alternative Measures Coordinator – Calgary Young Offender Centre
- 1988 – 1990: Youth Worker – Calgary Young Offender Centre
- 1987 – 1988: Acting Team Leader / Unit Supervisor – Strathmore Youth Development Centre
- 1984 – 1987: Youth Worker / Community Liaison Coordinator – Strathmore Youth Development Centre
- 2015 to present – Author, Mentor, Coach, Speaker.
Leadership Talents: Deputy Director of Operations Training • Employee Relations for GoASupervisors • Change Management for Leaders • Interactive Leadership • Leading a Positive Work Place • A Survival Guide for Supervisors • Motivational Interviewing • Front Line Supervision
Committee Service & Special Assignments
- From 2012-2015, Board member of the Parent Support Association of Calgary
- From 2003 – 2015 served as – Chair of the Youth Advisory Committee to role-model a caring “voice” for troubled youth between the ages of 12 and 18
- From 2009 – 2015 served as a Board member of Lethbridge College’s School of Justice Studies
- From 2010 – 2015 served as a Board member of Bow Valley College’s Youth and Justices studies Advisory Committee, played an active role in piquing the interest of new students to explore career options in policing, youth care, corrections and the justice system.
- 2015 – Canadian Diabetic Association Fundraising Canvassing
- From 2006 to 2009, co-chaired the Employee Wellness & Engagement Program at CYOC
- From 1999 to 2009, coordinated and facilitated at the Solicitor General Staff College, Edmonton – Youth Worker Recruit Training
- From 2008 to 2009, participated on the 10-member Youth Worker Induction Training Review Committee for Solicitor General Ministry.
- From 2007 to 2008, served on the Government of Alberta Supervisor Certificate Review Team; presently belong to the Advisory Committee Board; lent valuable supervisory expertise to this 20-person group in shaping a concrete learning foundation for new supervisors, measuring their learning curves during this development process, and creating a solid foundation for overall learning, mentoring, and feedback delivery
- From 1993 – present – founding member, executive member and volunteer member of Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary